You are welcome to bring your dogs along, but…..dogs are not permitted unless a reservation/arrangements have been made with your booking.
Due to numerous unfortunate occurrences with dogs at Greystone Lodge, we have had to implement the following RULES AND REGULATIONS with regards to our Pet Friendly Policy.
We understand that pets are loved as much as our own children, so please adhere to these guidelines below. We would like to ensure everyone visiting Greystone Lodge has an enjoyable experience.
- Each dog will cost R100.00 per stay to cover cleaning costs.
- Please bring your dogs own bedding & food bowls.
- Bring your dog’s leash, you are welcome to walk them off-leash at the golf driving range or behind the forest. Please keep the leash with you just in case. Dogs must be on leash when around Manager’s House and as we have a senior Ginger cat (Sir William) who cannot be chased by dogs.
- Your dogs might be socialised but not all dogs are, please be vigilant and protect your pets.
- Should your dog be off-leash and attack another pet on-leash, you will be responsible for any vet costs incurred.
- We understand that dogs bark as they also need to talk to us, but please shush your dogs if they bark continuously, especially in the early hours of the morning so as not to wake other guests.
- Strictly no dogs permitted on the furniture (should your pet sleep with you or be inclined to jump on furniture we request that you bring your own covers). If you have forgotten your covers, we have a few we can supply you with.
- Any damaged chalet linen (except supplied dog covers) will be charged at R200 per item (over and above the R100 cost/dog).
- We rely on our guests to keep their pets off of the furniture in consideration of other guests and to prevent the unnecessary wear and tear on the furniture.
- Please remember that your dog may get very dirty whilst racing around and playing in the dam. Please bring an old towel to clean him / her off with, please don’t use our towels for this purpose.
We have plenty old towels if you need, please ask us.
- Soiled guest towels will be charged at R150 per towel over and above the R100 cost/dog.
- Greystone Lodge takes no responsibility for any dog/pet not belonging to the owners of the Estate, please ensure that your dog is with you at all times.
- Pets may not be left unattended in the units as they cause noise disturbance to guests in the surrounding chalets. The only chalet we permit pets to be left unattended is Chalet 9, our 3 bedroom chalet as it is some distance from the other units.
- You bring your dogs at your own risk, Greystone Lodge (and anyone associated with Greystone Lodge) are not responsible for any parasites or illnesses your dogs may pick up or any injuries they may get while on our property.