Pet Friendly Self-catering Accommodation
Due to numerous unfortunate occurrences with dogs at Greystone Lodge, we have had to implement the following rules and regulations with regards to our Pet Friendly Policy with effect from 1 November 2018.
You are welcome to bring your dogs along, but…..dogs are not permitted unless a reservation/arrangements have been made with management.
We trust you and your fur-babies will have a lovely time at Greystone Lodge.
- Each dog will cost R100.00 per day.
- Please bring your dogs own bedding & food bowls.
- Bring your dog’s leash, you are welcome to walk them off-leash when away from the chalets but keep the leash with you just in case.
- Strictly no dogs permitted on the furniture (should your pet sleep with you on be inclined to jump on furniture we request that you bring your own covers). If you have forgotten your covers, we have a few we can supply you with.
- Any soiled bedding (except supplied dog covers) will be charged at R150 per item (over and above the R100 cost/dog/day).
- We rely on our guests to keep their pets off of the furniture in consideration of other guests and to prevent the unnecessary wear and tear on the furniture.
- Please remember that your dog may get very dirty whilst racing around and playing in the dam. Please bring an old towel to clean him / her off with, please don’t use our nice white towels for this purpose as soiled towels will be charged for at R100 per towel over and above the R100 cost /dog/day.
- Costs for furniture / bedding unnecessarily dirtied or damaged by pets will be charged for as indicated above.
- Greystone Lodge takes no responsibility for any dog not belonging to the owners of the Estate, please ensure that your dog is with you at all times.
- Pets may not be left unattended in the units as they cause noise disturbance to guests in the surrounding chalets. The only chalet we permit pets to be left unattended is Chalet 9, our 3 bedroom chalet as it is some distance from the other units.
- You bring your dogs at your own risk, Greystone Lodge (and anyone associated with Greystone Lodge) are not responsible for any parasites or illnesses your dogs may pick up, any injuries they may get while on our property.